‘How can I download VMware Workstation is one of the trending questions asked by our visitors!’ The purpose of this article is to provide steps to download and install VMware Workstation. So let’s begin the article and see how VMware Workstation is downloaded.
There are a few things to know before you get started on it. Before downloading and installing the Workstation you should keep two things in mind:
- First, ensure that your physical machine meets the system requirements for VMware Workstation.
- Second, ensure that you are using a supported guest operating system.
Downloading VMware Workstation
Now, to download the VMware Workstation, follow the given instruction carefully:
- Navigate to the VMware Workstation Download Center.
- Based on your necessities, click Go to Downloads for VMware Workstation for Windows or VMware Workstation for Linux.
- Now, click on the Download button.
- Whenever provoked, sign in to your My VMware profile. On the off chance that you don’t have a profile, make one.
- Remember you need to enter all the mandatory fields. Also, ensure that your profile is completed.
- After that, Review the End User License Agreement and click, Yes.
- You can click Download Now.
If somehow the installer fails to download during the download process then you need to correct a few things:
- Delete the cache in your web browser. For example – Clear the Mozilla Firefox cache, Delete your cache from Google Chrome and other browser data, and also delete the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder from the Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Disable the pop-up blocker in your web browser. For example – Try to disable a pop-up blocker from Mozilla Firefox, Manage pop-ups from Google Chrome and also turn Microsoft Internet Explorer pop-up blocker on or off on a Windows XP SP2-based computer.
Or you can try among the followings:
- Download using a different web browser application.
- Disable any local firewall software.
- Restart the virtual machine and try again.
- Download the installer from a different computer or network.
Installing the VMware Workstation
VMware Workstation Installation process is different for both Windows and Linux hosts. You need to understand the basics before installing the VMware Workstation.
VMware Workstation for Windows Host:
Before we see the installation process, here are some important notes for you that are must to know. Have a look –
- You must have only one VMware Workstation installed at a time. If it already exists then you must uninstall the previous version of VMware Workstation before installing a new version.
- If the installer reports an error when you run it, you must verify the download.
To install the VMware Workstation on a Windows host follow the steps:
- First, you need to log in to the Windows host system as the Administrator user or as a user who is a member of the local Administrators group.
- Now, open the folder where the VMware Workstation installer was downloaded. The default location is the Downloads folder for the user account on the Windows host.
- Right-click the installer and click, Run as Administrator.
- Select a setup option:
- Typical: Installs typical Workstation features. If the Integrated Virtual Debugger for Visual Studio or Eclipse is available on the host framework, the related Workstation plug-ins are introduced.
- Custom: Lets you select which Workstation features to introduce and indicate where to install them. Select this alternative in the event that you have to change the share virtual machines index, adjust the VMware Workstation Server port, or to install the improved virtual keyboard driver.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to finish the installation.
- Restart the host machine to use the VMware successfully.
VMware Workstation for Linux host:
Note: VMware Workstation for Linux is available as a .bundle download in the VMware Download Center. The Linux bundle installer starts a GUI wizard on most Linux distributions. In some Linux distributions, the bundle installer starts a command-line wizard instead of a GUI wizard.
To install VMware Workstation on a Linux host:
- Log in to the Linux host with the user account that you intend to use with VMware Workstation.
- Now, open the terminal interface.
- Change to root.
- Change directories to the directory that contains the VMware Workstation bundle installer file. The default location is the Download
- Run the proper Workstation installer file for the system.
- Accept the license agreement.
Note: If you are using the –console option or installing VMware Workstation on a Linux host that doesn’t support the GUI wizard, press Enter to look through and read the permit understanding or type q to jump to the yes/no brief.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines or prompts to complete the installation.
- Complete the process by restarting the Linux host.
What after VMware Installation?
After installation of VMware Workstation on Windows host systems:
- The installer makes a shortcut for desktop, a speedy dispatch shortcut, or a mix of these choices in addition to a Start Menu item.
- To start VMware Workstation on a Windows host system, simply select Start > Programs > VMware Workstation.
On Linux host system:
- Vmware Workstation can be started from the command line on all the Linux distributions.
- To start VMware Workstation on a Linux host system from the command line, run the VMware & command in a terminal window.
For example: When you start the Workstation for the first time, Workstation prompts you to accept the End User License Agreement. After you start Workstation, the Workstation window opens.
We hope this article will help you out to download VMware Workstation. Was this article helpful for you or not please do reply it. Or visit the VMware support page to find out your doubted question.